perjantai 1. kesäkuuta 2012

Edwin Adores You

Tein ensimmäistä kertaa criss cross kortin (johon Silvie Z:lla on muuten blogissaan loistava tutoriaali). Tein kortin isälleni, joka viettää tänään syntymäpäiviään. Paperit ovat My Mind's Eyen Be Amazing setistä. Päätin käyttää pitkästä aikaa boordilävistäjää, kun parissa haasteblogissa oli tällä kertaa aiheena kuviolävistäjän käyttö. Käyttäisin kuviolävistäjiä varmaan enemmänkin, mutta ainakin tuo tässä käyttämäni Xcutin lävistäjä on niin jäykkä, että sen käyttö on hankalaa. :(



Tein itselleni toissapäivänä jo pitkään suunnitteilla olleen ns. "valokuvausboksin", jossa otan kuvat korteista sun muista. En tiedä huomaako kuvien laadussa eroa, mutta ainakin kuvia on paljon helpompi ottaa kun ei joka kerta tarvitse rakentaa kuvaussettiä erikseen (aikaisemmin käytin taustana pelkkää pahviin kiinnitettyä valkoista paperia ja valona pöytälamppua). Nyt pitäisi isommistakin kohteista, kuten kakuista, olla helpompi ottaa kuvia kun tausta ja valotus on tasainen. Tässä ohje, jota käytin laatikon tekemiseen. 

Edwinin olen värittänyt Copicin sävyillä: Iho: E50, E51, E21, E11, E02, R20, R00. Hiukset: E51. E31, E33, E35, E47. Vaatteet: BG10, BG11, BG15, C1, C3, C5. Sydän: R00, R02.



I made this card for my dad for his birthday. It's the first time I've made a criss cross card but I found this brilliant tutorial by Silvie Z. The paper's are from My Mind's Eye Be Amazing set. Some challenge blogs had a challenge to use punches so I dug up one of my border punches that I hadn't used for a while. I've also made myself a lightbox for taking photos in. I'm not sure if you can really tell the difference in the quality of these pictures compared to my earlier ones but at least it's a lot easier to take photos now that I don't have to prepare a set every time. Here's the tutorial I used to build my lightbox, if anyone's interested.



I'm entering the following challenges:



11 kommenttia:

  1. Stunning card, lovely layout. Very sweet cutie image. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie Challenge, good luck, cheers Sue N x

    VastaaPoista
  2. Great card, I love to do criss cross cards. Sweet image and beautifully colored.thank you for playing along at.CMM
    Lisa:)

    VastaaPoista
  3. Hi Tanya,
    Your criss cross card is so beautiful. Of course I love the MME papers and Edwin is a cutie. Could you please tell me the name (or the manufacturer) of this wonderful border punch?
    Have a nice weekend!
    Anja

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Hi Anja, thanks for your sweet comment! The border punch is called Xcut and is manufactured by Docrafts. I bought mine in a local craft store, but I guess you could find them online somewhere too :)

      Poista
    2. Tanya, you're such a sweetheart! Thank you for the name of the border punch, I will try to find it in the internet.
      Big hugs, Anja

      Poista
  4. Oh, it's so wonderful, love this colours and the makeing how! Gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at SFC.
    XOXO Michi

    VastaaPoista
  5. Wonderful card! I love it, great design and colouring.
    Love,melly. xxx

    VastaaPoista
  6. Wow your card looks really wonderful and thanks for the great tutorial.
    Thank you for joining us at SFC.
    Many greetings
    Angela

    VastaaPoista
  7. This is gorgeous Tanya! I love it ..
    If you are interested, I am having a DT call for my new challenges blog:
    http://lozzapoppins.blogspot.com
    Laura x

    VastaaPoista
  8. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joiningnus at the cutie pies. Hugs. Lisa. X

    VastaaPoista